- NYMPHADORA TONKS (HARRY POTTER) ○ napaealms
"Nymphadora" literally tanslates in Latin to "Gift of the Nymphs," or so things I read told me. Classical nymphs were named according to the region they liveed in (and for forest nymphs, dryads, for their certain trees, too). Napaeae were were mountain valley nymphs. And I felt like giving her a mountain nymph name. Alms are givings to the poor and needy - Nymphadora as a name has some aspect of giving in it (gift), and she's a good guy, one who fights for good things, so alms seemed an okay word to go with. I really like this name, even though it's a huge bastardization.
- BELLATRIX LESTRANGE (HARRY POTTER) ○ noceba - CLOUD STRIFE (FINAL FANTASY VII) ○ illusorymotion
Ilusory motion has two kind of meanings, though it's essentially the same thing. MORE COPYING FROM WIKIPEDIA. I am lazy.
- Stroboscopic images - Where a series of static images are viewed in sequence at a high enough rate that the static images appear blend into a continuous motion. An example is a motion picture.
- Optical art (Op art.) - Where artists use simple black and white patterns that create vivid illusions of motion, known as optical flow.
- CLOUD STRIFE (FINAL FANTASY VII) ○ illusionable
Illusionable just means liable to illusion. Which Cloud is. Ta-dah.
- MARLA SINGER (FIGHT CLUB) ○ tumoral
Part of it has to do with the whole support-group thing she does, pretending to have cancer and other diseases. But it's mostly because of this quote form the book. "If I did have a tumor, I'd name it Marla."
- LYRA BELACQUA (HIS DARK MATREIALS) ○ filialeve
KAY. His Dark Materials is full of obvious Biblial allegories. That's the plot. Lyra is the second Eve of Genesis, the Garden, the fruit, all of those things. And she's the daughter of Eve, we all are supposed to be Adam and Eve's children. Filial means relating to being offspring of something. She's the result of all of what happened, everything. The child of it. And she's a kid. Yeah.
- LUNA LOVEGOOD (HARRY POTTER) ○ ohyesbeliever
I made this one ages ago, but still kind of like it. :Luna's the believer.
- HARRY POTTER (HARRY POTTER - AU) ○ unemerald
Still like this one, too. Never used it. He needs a hooooome. Unemerald because of the whole OH YOUR EYES ARE SO EMERALD HARRY. And this is an entirely different, dark Harry. He is all UN what he was. But in a sense, it's reaffirming what he was, because emerald is the color of the bad guys in the book - green, really, but emerald is good, too. It's the color of greed. Which isn't Harry, even in my alternate version.